Camping naturally lends itself to relaxing and enjoying time with family and friends. So, what better time to entertain guests than when you’re camping in your RV? Sure, it may seem like throwing a party in your rig isn’t the best of ideas when it comes to space; a large motorhome can seem small when loaded up with a handful of people. But with a little planning and creativity, you can still be the host or hostess with the most, even if you don’t have the most space to work with.
So, how can you make it work? Check out these tips below for planning a party in the limited space of your RV:
- Plan ahead – When you’re entertaining in your home, you know how dangerous it can be to not be prepared when you throw a party. Now think about how disastrous it could be when trying to get a limited-space RV party off the ground. Planning ahead means thinking about the drinks and food items you want to have and doing as much preparation of those items as possible well before your guests arrive. During the party, you’ll need all the space you can get for people to roam around in, including the kitchen. And, let’s face it, you don’t want to be working anyway when you could be enjoying yourself and your guests.
- Offer easy-to-eat finger foods – Serving foods that are easy to grab and eat can help make your party logistically more pleasing for your guests. You can certainly serve a five-course sit-down meal if you’d like, but when your guest list increases to more than, say, four people, it’s in your best interest to serve foods that people can eat easily, especially while standing and moving around in small spaces.
- Move the party outdoors – If you’re having an intimate dinner party, holding the gathering inside your rig may be just fine. But if you’re inviting more than a handful of people to your shindig, consider using your outdoor space to accommodate guests. Set up tables and chairs and create food and beverage stations in various areas to encourage mingling and movement around your campsite. And don’t forget to get a campfire going!
- Consider your location and season – It will be difficult to get dozens of people to come party with you at your rig in the middle of winter in Michigan. If you’ll need to rely on outdoor space for your entertaining, be sure the season and location in which you throw your party make for a temperate, comfortable outdoor gathering.
- Team up with other RVers – The more the merrier, right? When you and your RV neighbors band together to entertain, you’ll have others to help cook and provide food and complete the preparations, taking pressure off you. Plus, there will be so much more room for guests to mill about if everyone’s RVs are open and people can roam from campsite to campsite. More importantly, you’ll be able to enjoy the camaraderie that RV enthusiasts of all ages inspire and likely make many new friends in the process.
With just a little bit of planning, you can easily entertain a group of people at your RV, even with limited space. And, if you’re looking for the perfect RV for camping and entertaining, contact us today! We can help you find the perfect rig to meet your needs.