RV ownership is fast becoming the norm for many people in America, and for good reason. Owning an RV gives you the ability to hit the road and travel and see previously unknown, far-flung places, or even locales close to home.
Maybe you’ve been thinking about upgrading or downsizing your current RV, but even if you’ve never owned any type of rig before, it’s still a great time to explore your options and get a rig of your very own.
Here are the top five reasons to buy an RV in 2018:
- There are so many options for you to choose from – From tiny teardrop trailers and pop-up campers to fifth wheels and luxury motor coaches, there’s an astounding number of RVs on the market. Not only are there many types, but they all come in varying price points, so you’re sure to find a rig that works for you and your budget. Don’t forget, you can even buy used RVs, just like you can with cars.
- It’s a great way to vacation with family – Your yearly vacation with the kids may typically involve loading everyone up into the cramped car or paying for airline tickets to fly to your vacation destination. Then, you pay for hotels, meals, entertainment – it all starts to add up. When you vacation in an RV, however, those expenses can be somewhat reduced. Your hotel is the RV itself, and many campgrounds where you could stay offer an exciting blend of activities for kids and the whole family. Meals can be cooked and enjoyed at the RV, too.
- Reduce stress when you break away from everyday life – RVing isn’t just a way to travel from one place to the next. There’s a freedom and flexibility that you get to enjoy when you own an RV and it can seriously help reduce the stress you feel from your typical daily grind. Buying a rig will encourage you to get out into the world, explore, meet new people, and play outside, all things that will help bring focus and calm to your life.
- The RV-buying trend is increasing – RV manufacturers are experiencing the biggest increase in sales in many years, thanks to baby boomers and millennials coming out in droves to purchase rigs. With a demand for towable and motorized options, manufacturers are creating a plethora of RVs with features and amenities to meet the needs of their consumers. Since the economy has strengthened since the Great Recession, now more than ever is a great time to buy an RV.
- You could make some money with your RV – RV sharing is becoming a booming business as well, where owners of RVs rent out their rigs to others while they’re not using them. By listing your RV on a website such as RVshare.com, you could earn cash on your RV and help others enjoy the magic of the open road.
If these reasons aren’t enough to persuade you, and you’re still on the fence about whether to buy an RV, try renting one and do a weekend trip to a nearby destination. That way, you’ll have a chance to see how it feels to operate or tow the vehicle, see what amenities you love and those you don’t really have a need for, and get to experience what it’s like to vacation in an RV. Once you’ve done that, you’ll likely want to own one yourself.
Want to learn more about finding the rig that’s right for you? Contact us today!